Saturday 6 February 2010

Superbowl Weekend here at Desert Breeze




It's Superbowl weekend and several Desert Breeze Authors have plans for the big events.

J Morgan who hails from Louisana had this to say:

As a Louisiana boy, all I can say is GEAUX SAINTS!

I've waited a long time for this day and plan to make a total fool out of myself before the day is over. As a result my wife Jenn has restricted me to the house during the Super Bowl. So, we're doing a Mexican dinner that night. Nachos, burritos, and whatever else she can come up with that doesn't involve sharp objects to eat. For my attire, I'll be wearing my Deuce and Bush jerseys throughout the game. The Deuce on my body and the Bush as a hat because that is how I roll. Weird I know but I'm going with the lucky charms that got us to the Super Bowl. Not to be alone in my madness, Paco the wonder dog will be wearing his Saints shirt and watching with daddy. A Saints Snuggie may come into play depending on weather.

Jenn will of course sit back and watch the festivities with her finger on speed dial to 911 in case it becomes too much for me.
****

Melanie Atkins said:

I live about three hours north of New Orleans, and I'm a major Saints
fan--have been since their inception. People around here are extremely
excited. Geaux Saints!!!!!


We're just having pizza and snacks. Can't wait!! I usually just
watch for the commercials, but this year I care about the game. It's way
cool.
****

Stephanie Burkhart is rooting for the Saints - and even got her boys Saints jerseys to wear for the big game. Heck, the Saints are due! Sadly, she'll be at working answering 911 Calls when the game is being played

***

Deb Kinnard said:

Steph, when you dress your boys make sure it's in blue & white. Just saying.


Steph: Yikes, I better watch out!
****

Gail Delany said: We’re going to a SuperBowl party at a friend’s house. We’re routing for the Saints, but by what I understand there’s going to be quite the mix of Saints vs. Colts fans at the party.

******

Melinda Elmore added: Have fun at the game, Gail. We are cheering for the Saints too.

****

Nicole Zoltack said: I'm a die-hard Eagles fan so I really don't care either way who wins.

*****

Tina Pinson said: I'm rooting for the commercials.

****

We'd love to hear how you're going to be spend the Superbowl. Let us know who you're rooting for. Keep it friendly.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Great post. Long live the Who Dat Nation!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it, Melanie. It was great to see the Saints win - even if I was at work!

    Smiles
    Moderator
    Steph

    ReplyDelete