Wednesday 25 August 2010

Author Spotlight Week - Michelle Levigne shares her favorite movie



How can you ask me to choose ONE favorite movie?

I must admit that whenever "True Lies" shows up on TV, I usually watch it. Not sure why. It's fun. It's silly. I like the relationship, the changes in Harry and Helen. It's ROMANTIC.

In fact, in "Detours," I have Bekka sit down to watch what she considers the most romantic movie made since "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," -- "True Lies."

They take risks. They care about each other. They want more than the hum-drum ho-hum routine. Helen not only needs and wants a hero, she wants to get out there and be heroic. Harry is willing to be ridiculous and take risks for the sake of his marriage. He breaks rules to protect what's his.

How can you not love a hero like that? Especially when the woman he's fighting for DOESN'T sit there, clutching her bosom and whimpering for someone to rescue her.

What else do I like to watch? Okay, I have been known to sit through "The Mummy" for the umpteenth time. And I LOVE "Galaxy Quest," mostly because I am a recovering Trekker and the whole fandom silliness brings back memories. Along with the time my "ship" got our own working copy of the Enterprise and took off across the universe ...

And Star Trek IV is the quintessential fun Trek movie. Time for me to watch it again.

Oh, and all three Lord of the Rings movies. Of course.

So like I said before, how can you ask me to pick ONE favorite movie?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I think I've discovered a "soul sister" I love all of those too. And being a librarian, The Mummy holds a special place in my heart!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete