Thursday 16 February 2012

Author Spotlight - Q&A with Kassandra Cooper


STEPH: I don't know much about "Burning Bridges." What's it about?

KASSANDRA: Emmaline Rose Jones has protected people her whole life; whether it was her sister from her family or her boyfriend from her life, she did all she could to keep them separate. But when the live she’s tried to keep secret from everyone cross under some unfortunate circumstances she has no choice but to fuse her lives together and explain. But when Rose’s life gets more complicated than even she can handle she has no choice but to run and hide, seeing no way to get away from the twisted life her parents have created. She finally decides to cut all connections with her previous life and its numerous trap doors.

STEPH: How long did it take you to write?

KASSANDRA: All together the final drafts took about six months including edits but I started with the very first draft about two and a half years ago.

STEPH: What's your writing space like?

KASSANDRA: I normally block everything out around me and plug into my music, that way it doesn’t matter where I am.

STEPH: Where did you find the inspiration for the story?

KASSANDRA: I was working on a trauma unit in my English class and going through many of my own trauma’s I figured I would be able to draw on personal feelings.

STEPH: How did you come up with the title?

KASSANDRA: Some of the experience’s I was going through at the time of writing the very original ended with someone asking if they could rebuild bridges with me. My response was always that they had burnt their bridges with me.

STEPH: Emmaline is the main character. What's her strengths?

KASSANDRA: I would say Emmaline’s strengths are her ability to stay calm under distress, the strength she held up for the sake of her sister and her extreme protectiveness for her loved ones.

STEPH: Hollywood is calling! Cast the novel.

KASSANDRA: Emmaline Rose/ Josie: Emma Stone
Kirin Matthews: Zac Efron
Mackenzie: Emma Watson
Evan Matthews: William Mosely
Lauren Matthews: Julianne Hough
Jonathon: Matthew LeBlanc
Abigail: Julianne Moore

STEPH: Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one. What was the last novel you bought for your book reader?

KASSANDRA: I don’t own an actual ebook reader but I have the nook, kindle and ibookstore between my ipod and smartphone.

STEPH: Do you listen to music while you write?

KASSANDRA: Don’t write without it.

STEPH: Fun Question: Do you have a favorite reality show? If so, which one? What's the appeal?

KASSANDRA: I don’t really watch reality tv, I’m more into shows with a story line instead of just random stuff being thrown at contestants. They hold my attention better.


BUY LINKS:

BN.com :

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/burning-bridges-kassandra-cooper/1105070466?ean=2940013522398&itm=1&usri=kassandra+cooper



Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006G5F0QC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_g351_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0EYDSKDM3TNPJVZW7HBD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846



DesertBreezePublishing.com:

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-231/Burning-Bridges-Kassandra-Cooper/Detail.bok

No comments:

Post a Comment