Wednesday 11 July 2012

Character Interview with Dimitri Romanov from The Faberge Secret

Viggo Mortensen, inspiration for
"Dimitri"
Gael: Thanks for stopping by the MUSEum bar, Dimitri. I hear you're a very busy businessman. What do you do for a living?

Dimitri: I run a shipping company out of St. Petersburg, Russia with several American contracts on the east coast. The work is very profitable, but I like to be hands on so I'm always traveling.

Gael: I hear Kelch Shipping gives you a run for your money.

Dimitri: Yes, my rival is Gustav Kelch. I've known him since we were five. We started basic schooling together and if it wasn't grades, there was always something.

Gael: Who usually won?

Dimitri: Gustav cheated many times, but he was never clever enough to capitalize on the advantage and I won often just by playing fair. This taught me a work ethic that I carried over to my business – to be fair.

Gael: Tell us a little about your family.

Dimitri: My mother is elderly. My sister, Elena, and I pay for her to stay in a home. We both feel bad, but my mother enjoys the business the facility offers. It keeps her sharp. Elena works as a news anchor for the local TV, and Sergi, my cousin, is a detective with the St. Petersburg police.

Gael: I heard the police were corrupt to the hills in Russia.

Dimitri. Nyet. Sergi is honest to the bone. There is just a lot of paperwork that frustrates him.

Gustav Kelch
Gael: Have you and Sergi found the Faberge egg that was stolen from a recent exhibit?

Dimitri: Yes, but it's complicated. An American named Elise Goodwin, bought the egg on the black market. She doesn't believe I'm the real owner. She knows how to test my patience.

Gael: Test your patience? How?

Dimitri: Elise has very strong convictions. She knows she bought the egg on the black market, and she's determined to return it to the rightful owner, but I must prove to her beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is mine. It doesn't help my patience that she's very attractive. I find myself wanting more from her than friendship.

Gael: What's holding you back?

Dimitri: I have something to prove. I must show her that an honorable man and that I can keep her safe – especially from Kelch who I suspect ransacked her room and tied up her friend, Lucy.

Gael: Good luck, Mr. Romanov. I suspect you'll need it.

Rachel McAdams inspiration for:
"Elise"


Trivia: Nicholas II was that last Romanov Czar. What year did he abdicate?

REVIEWS:
5 STARS, Celia Yeary, Author
You will thoroughly enjoy this fast-paced tale of danger, a mystery, and a satisfying conclusion. Elise and Dimitri make sparks fly!

5 Stars, Reader's Favorites
Fabulously written, the story combines elements of mystery, action, love, and tender family moments all at the right places, making a perfect fit. If you want a good story combining history, crime, and passion, "The Faberge Secret" is the book for you.

Sue Perkins, Author
The Faberge Secret exceeded my expectations. Definitely worth reading more than once. It is such a good book.

5 Hearts, Sizzling Hot Book Reviews
As the love story thicken, the suspense heightens and it won't let your eyes leave the page. I recommend The Faberge Secret to all of the romance readers. Even if you have never read romance, The Faberge Secret would be a great place to start.

4 Stars, Manic Readers
"A satisifying read."

4 Stars, Night Owl Book Reviews
The Faberge Secret is a fast paced, delightful adventure with plenty of love and adventure sprinkled in for spice.

3.5 Stars, Long & Short Reviews
"All this suspense had me flying through the pages so quickly I was able to read the book in one sitting."

BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5ujOoDRXs

BLURB:
Elise Goodwin finds herself faced with danger when she learns the Faberge egg she's bought belongs to a Russian mogul, Dimitri Romanov, but is Dimitri playing a game with Elise's heart to get his heirloom back?

Elise Goodwin runs a heritage museum in Brattleboro, Vermont. She travels to Boston to buy some items for her museum at Sotheby's auction. What she acquires is a delicious surprise that would excite any curator – a Faberge egg.

Enter Russian businessman Dimitri Romanov. He goes to the auction with the intent of buying the egg only to discover that Elise is in possession of it. His dilemma? He's attracted to the petite brunette with doe-like eyes and a trusting disposition.

Complicating matters is Dimitri's rival, Gustav Kelch, who wants the precious jeweled object for his own collection. Can Dimitri protect Elise from Kelch?

BUY LINKS:
AMAZON KINDLE:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Faberge-Secret-ebook/dp/B006LTE2ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324310728&sr=8-1

B&N NOOK:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-faberge-secret-stephanie-burkhart/1105070465?ean=2940013874596&itm=1&usri=the+faberge+secret

ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS:
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thefabergesecret-657577-149.html

PUBLISHER'S LINK:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-236/The-Faberge-Secret-Stephanie/Detail.bok

FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:
WEBSITE:
http://www.stephanieburkhart.com

TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/StephBurkhart

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor

GOOD READS:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4031660.Stephanie_Burkhart

YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/botrina?feature=mhee

4 comments:

  1. Viggo could inspire anyone to romance! It sounds an intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viggo could play any part. I can see him playing Dimitri with a Russian accent. yummy doodle.
    Congratulations on all those super reviews, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you've found the perfect actors to play your protagonists. When I'll read the book I will have them in mind. Good interview for Dimitri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, I agree - Viggo's smile is inspiration enough! Loved him in Lord of the Rings.

    Sarah, thanks for weighing in. :) I wholeheartidly agree. hehe

    Mona, I love visuals when I'm reading. It really helps to bring the characters alive.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete