Wednesday 26 September 2012

Author Spotlight - Character interview with Joy & Callie

Welcome ladies I'm so glad you could be here.

Callie-- No problem I love spending time with Joy.
Joy-- I heard we'll be talking about men. You can count me in.

I have met both of your husbands and I must say I'm impressed.

Joy-- Tall, dark and handsome. That's my Stamos.
Callie-- Mine's a tall drink of water. Brown hair with blue eyes. If you want impressed you need to see him with his shirt off.
Joy-- Stamos has an awesome build too.


Callie how did you meet Garrett?

Callie-- I've known Garrett forever. He was always there for me growing up. We've had a few bumps in the road. We married to save my ranch. I thought it was a real marriage but Garrett thought he was just helping out. Took me a while but I lassoed that Cowboy.


Sounds romantic.

Callie-- not really, I'm the best roper in the county. He tore my heart out and stomped on it a few times. We're happy now.

That's good to hear. Joy how did you meet Stamos?

Joy-- I met him when I arrived at his ranch for the prison work release program. He thought I was the nanny and handed me his son, Dillon.

And it was love?

Joy--Oh heck no. He didn't trust me. I was convicted of stabbing my stepmother. The problem was his release program was for non--violent males. I didn't fit that description.

But then it turned to love?

Joy--Not at first there was a little busy body named Bailey who tried to come between us. Then Stamos married me so I wasn't thrown back into prison.

Callie-- speaking of Bailey-- she tried to steal my husband too. She knows better than to tangle with us.

I'm sure. How are Stamos and Garrett as fathers?

Callie-- I couldn't have asked for a better father for my twins.

Joy-- Does my heart good when I watch Stamos. He's a good Dad.
Callie-- Me, Joy and our new friend Storm leave the kids with the men and have a ladies night at least once a month. You'll meet Storm in February.

Where do you usually go for ladies night.

Joy-- Lasso Springs is a small town. We usually go to the whiskey barrel. The whole incident with Callie has been forgotten.

Incident?

Callie-- I was mad at Garrett so I went to the whiskey barrel and let men dance with me for shots. I was having a good time, but Garrett came, threw me over his shoulder and took me home.

Sounds like he's very macho

Joy-- laughs. They think they are, but we have them tamed.
Callie-- of course they don't realize it. We can usually get our own way.
Joy-- They are rugged cowboys, and they look intimidating on the outside but they are sweethearts inside.

Do you believe in a happy ending?

Callie-- I'm living mine
Joy-- Me too. When Stamos has his arms around me I know I'm home.

Thank you ladies. It was so nice to meet you.

*****

Callie's Heart - April 2012
Texas Haven- July 2012
Ryelee's Cowboy -August 2012
http://www.kathleenballromance.com

7 comments:

  1. I loved this interview. It was so unique. Getting to know Joy and Callie was a blast. Great post, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- it was fun to write

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun sounding ladies who have their men well and truly where they want them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, ladies! Love this. Thanks for the smiles and now I can't WAIT to meet Joy. I already know Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen,I loved it! That was so much fun to read,felt like I was right there. :) Well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete