Tuesday 22 January 2013

Author Spotlight - Famous Quotes


Can you name the famous book from which I got each of these lines? Answer as many as you can without Googling. Don't forget we are holding a drawing at the end of the week from all the comments. You could win a $10.00 Amazon gift card. Good Luck!

1) “With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.”

2) “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

3) "People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word."

4) "But you see, Meg, just because we don't understand doesn't mean that the explanation doesn't exist."

5) "How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale! ..."

6) "No, there wasn't much he drew the line at. He fancied he was going to enjoy himself at Indian Island"

7) "I knew that nobody but a luckless man could ever need a doctor in the face of a cyclone."

8) "If I can fool a bug... I can surely fool a man. People are not as smart as bugs."

9) "Man, unlike any other thing organic or inorganic in the universe, grows beyond his work, walks up the stairs of his concepts, emerges ahead of his accomplishments."

10) "It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it."


Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007K1LS58?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Christianbook.com
http://www.christianbook.com/a-legacy-of-lies-ebook/stephenia-mcgee/9781612521497/pd/28979EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=1012247&event=ESRCG&view=details

Desert Breeze
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-273/A-Legacy-of-Lies/Detail.bok

"I knew it was a Christian romance when I started reading. I didn't know it would have such unexpected twists and turns. Desperately needing to know what would happen next, I couldn't put it down until I reached the last page."
Judy T

"McGee keeps her story moving and the reader guessing, expertly juggling the elements of gothic suspense, cowboy romance, divine intervetion, and inspirational fiction. I enjoyed Legacy of Lies for its characters and unique mix of story styling."
Barbara Scott, author

"This book has it all: a nice quick plot, a massive castle, cowboys, a dark mystery, a cold seductress and a story that leaves you thinking about it long after you’ve finished the book. If you’re looking for one good read, I definitely recommend this book."
Patty Froese, author

"A Legacy of Lies is a heart-warming tale of a man's search for forgiveness. A blend of Western Romance and Big City Intrigue, Stephenia H. McGee takes the parable of the prodigal son and creates a modern twist readers won't see coming until the final page."

Jennifer Lindsay
Facebook
www.facebook.com/StepheniaMcGee

Twitter
www.Twitter.com/StepheniaHMcGee

My website
www.StepheniaMcGee.com

My book review blog
www.fictionwithflair.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Some of the quotes are so funny...like you can fool a bug , so you can surely fool a man...lol
    Thanks for sharing and an oportunity to win an amazon gift card.
    Linda Finn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...this is fun...I know a few of them I think.

    1. Rhet Butler from Gone With the WInd...have to love this
    2. Pride & Prejudice/ Jane Austen ...one of my favorites!
    3. no idea...lol
    4. From Wrinkle in Time...Mrs. Murray!
    5. This was from Alice in Wonderland...Mr Caterpillar...not a huge fan
    6. yeah no clue
    7. clueless again
    8. This was from Charlotte's Web of course!
    9. I am only guessing here...but I think Grapes of Wrath...but don't shoot if I am wrong =)
    10. This was from Jane Eyre....a favorite of mine!

    This was a lot of fun...thank you for doing this! My e-mail is sunydey26@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great Johnette! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stephenia...I didn't know all of them..but it sure was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stephenia, I was wondering who won the giftcard....I never saw. Hope you are doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete