Friday 27 April 2012

Author Spotlight - Excerpt from "The Gambler"


Thank you so much for supporting Jillian during her week in the spotlight. Leave a post today, Saturday and Sunday, and on Monday I'll pick a name from random to receive a PDF copy of Jillian's book "The Gambler" and a mousepad. Don't forget to leave your email so I can get a hold of you if you win. Enjoy the excerpt!

Smiles
Moderator Steph

***********


The man grabbed her by the shoulders. "Whoa there, filly. This ain't no horse race here, Ma'am."

She jerked back from him as if his hands had burned her. "Sorry, sorry."

He didn't let go. If anything, his grip got tighter. "Where's the fire? I want to steer clear of it."

Eden tried to jerk away from him as her two sisters came off the elevator themselves. As soon as the man saw the twins, he let go of her abruptly. She staggered across the lobby trying to catch her balance.

The man looked Lilith and Eve up and down. "My, my, what do we have here? Double my pleasure?" His grin showed his dimples. Very deep dimples that Eden tried to ignore.

Lilith said, "We're Lilith and Eve McGill. Twins, if you couldn't tell." She simpered and struck a pose. She patted her small hat perched over her left eye.

"Lilith and Eve? How interesting." He tipped his hat and bowed. "Your mum and dad disagree on who was Adam's wife?"

Lilith's smile got larger. "They almost caused the Reverend to have a heart attack when they named me Lilith. People think it's sacrilege." She stopped and patted her hair. "Guess the name fits. I'm a little bit sacrilege myself."

Eden had recovered herself and stalked over to Lilith. "Stop it, Lil. Mum will kill me if I let you go wild, child." She took Lilith's arm. "Come on. Let's go and leave this"- she looked the man up and down- "gentleman"- she paused for effect,-"alone."

The man looked down at the shorter Eden. "Who are you? You're too young to be the mother. So, who could you be?" He put his index finger to his chin and tapped it. "Hmm. Maybe the serpent?" He slapped his forehead with his hat. "No. You can't be. The serpent liked to lead people into sin. You seem like the prude of the group." He turned back to Lilith. "Who's the wet rag?"

Eden gasped at his rudeness as Lilith laughed out loud. "That would be the big sister, Eden. Eden, bossy britches, McGill to be exact."

The man laughed louder. "Eden? Really, your parents are a bit insane, aren't they? They couldn't get past Genesis?"



Find me on the web:

http://www.jillianchantal.com
https://twitter.com/#!/JillianChantal

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIs6epy_ixY
Buy link:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-286/Gambler's-Inheritance-Book-One-cln-/Detail.bok

8 comments:

  1. Oh, now that's an interesting first meeting. I love the "wet rag" comment. And he's sly, too. He never got around to introducing himself.
    I don't need to be entered in the drawing. Already have my copy of The Gambler and can hardly wait to read it. I just popped by to wish you the best of luck with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Laurie. I think he's quite sly in the beginning.

    Thanks as always for your support of me and my writing - I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never could get past Numbers. Actually I read through it.
    Just wanted to stop by and say hello. And wish you the best with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina. Very cute comment. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great excerpt! Now I gotta read this book! And I need to take a vacation so I can read it straight through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lynn. I'm glad you liked the excerpt and if you read the story, I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Lynn, Winner of Jillian's giveaway. Thanks to everyone who supported Jillian during her spotlight week.

    smiles
    Moderator Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me want to read the book. I bet it has some exciting stories inside. Congratulations to Lynn, maybe next time i'll be the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete