Tuesday 18 January 2011

Author Spotlight Week - Susanne Marie Knight shares her passion for Romantic Suspense


What could be more exciting than a good romantic suspense? You have romance, intrigue, sitting on the edge of your seat action! I enjoy weaving a story that has all these elements. For murder mysteries, I also like to throw in those “red herrings” so that my readers can try to figure out for themselves the identity of the killer. Here’s a comment one reader wrote to me: “I kept guessing all the way to the end and I thought someone else was the murderer. Wonderful!!” And here’s another: “very funny, with interesting character interplay. Kept me laughing and guessing, laughing and guessing.”

I particularly love writing the Minx Tobin Mystery Series. This is my first true series and I really enjoy having the chance to explore the characters in depth. Getting to know them so deeply allows me to anticipate how they will react in whatever situation comes their way. When I started THE ILL-GOTTEN INSURANCE, I had no idea Minx had a background in art. Nor did I know that there is actually a type of gun called the .22 short, Beretta Minx. That certainly came in handy! So stay tuned to Minx and Gabe’s adventures. There are lots more surprises in store for them as the series progresses

No comments:

Post a Comment