Thursday 22 March 2012

Author Spotlight - Stephenia McGee talks about finding inspiration

A scene from 2005 Pride and Prejudice

I have a very active imagination. I can listen to my little boys' movies in the car when we are taking long trips and actually "watch" the movie along with them. Everything is a story that plays out in my head, even situations and conversations I'm thinking about for later. This is probably why I can swear I've talked to my husband about something, and he can swear that we never really had that conversation.

When I'm reading a good book, this "watching" can be even more vivid. I can see the story as if I am standing there as it happens. That's why I love to read. I'm not sure if this is how everyone experiences a novel or if it is a special gift that God gives to us bookworms.

When I was in middle school, I used to take a large paper sack to the library. The wonderful older lady that worked there would help me fill it up, and two weeks later, my mom would take me back to turn in all the finished novels and bring home another sack full. These weren't always youth books, either. I loved the classics, my favorites being Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice.

My imagination is usually my inspiration. When I am zoned in on a scene and really focused on a manuscript, that's when the story really writes itself. My characters come alive, and all I have to do is try to capture everything I see. (Of course, it doesn't always happen this way. Sometimes writing is real work, but these days are certainly the most fun.) Writing out some of what plays in my head just feels like a natural extension, and I believe, something that God designed me to do.
*********
"A Legacy of Lies is a compelling read to the very end! The chemistry between the characters is electrifying. I praise Stephenia McGee in her ability to draw you in and keep you wanting more!"

Jezika Stevens -- Reader

"An absolute page-turner. A Legacy of Lies is a book you won't want to put down. The reader is shown how we are all on a path chosen for us as each characters life intersects with the other. In her debut, Stephenia H. McGee truly delivers a heart-felt story of spiritual turmoil and redemption."

Jessica Lewis -- Reader

"A Legacy of Lies is a heart-warming tale of a man's search for forgiveness. A blend of Western Romance and Big City Intrigue, Stephenia H. McGee takes the parable of the prodigal son and creates a modern twist readers won't see coming until the final page."

Jennifer Lindsay, Editor and Writer

And here are some links to the book online:

Desert Breeze
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-273/A-Legacy-of-Lies/Detail.bok

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/A-Legacy-of-Lies-ebook/dp/B007K1LS58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332042156&sr=8-1

Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-legacy-of-lies-stephenia-mcgee/1107713261?ean=2940014338950&itm=1&usri=stephenia+mcgee

All Romance eBooks
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-alegacyoflies-751693-149.html

No comments:

Post a Comment