Friday 18 February 2011

Author Introduction - Meet Jude Urbanski


STEPH: Jude, welcome to Desert Breeze. Tell us a little about yourself. Where did you grow up?

JUDE: Steph, I was born in Tennessee, grew up in Indiana, but will always have a passion for the South.

STEPH: Who were some of your favorite authors growing up?

JUDE: I read many of the classics growing up and those have remained everlasting favorites. I was also passionate about James Mitchner for many years. Can't remember the authors, but the series was about Mary Carlson, MD. Those got me through grade school. I enjoyed poetry by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and the memoir by Kahil Gabran. Have to say, my most treasured book in the Holy Bible.

STEPH: What genre do you write?

JUDE: I call it women's fiction with inspirational romance elements. I also write non-fiction. My favorite genre to read though is historical fiction. I use Jude Urbanski as my pen name.

STEPH: You have an upcoming release with Desert Breeze. Can you tell us when, the title, and let us know what it's about?

JUDE: I'm happy to announce that in November DB will release my debut novel, Joy Restored. It's about a widowed young mother who becomes strong in broken places, but in the process almost misses incredible love offered by a rich, Christian widower.

STEPH: Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one?

JUDE: The kids gave me a Kindle for Christmas! Confess I like it even better than I thought I would. Speaking of kids-my husband and I have a blended family of 8 children!

STEPH: Do you have any other books that are available?

JUDE: My non-fiction book, I Can't Remember Me, is available even though it is a few years ago. We keep selling copies. It is the story of my daughter's miraculous recovery from traumatic brain injury.
I have a second novel on my computer. That novel is for sale too!

STEPH: Can you tell us a little about the state you live in?

JUE: I live in Indiana, which is known for the Indy 500, Hoosier Basketball Hysteria, Kurt Vonnegut, James Whitcomb Riley and my famous alma mater, Indiana University.

STEPH: Just for fun: pick your favorite: Monet, Picasso, or Renoir?

JUDE: I'd say Monet. Wasn't he an impressionist? I like his use of varied and muted color.

STEPH: Do you belong to any writing groups? Have they been helpful in allowing you to grow as a writer?

JUDE: Yes. To a local fiction critique group. National and state ACFW groups and National and local groups of the National League of American Pen Women. Hands down, ACFW has taught me sooooo much. It's the best $50 you'll ever spend on your craft. I still consider myself a beginner after 5-6 years of writing..

STEPH: If you could offer one piece of advice for aspiring authors, what would it be?

JUDE: Give yourself to the gifts you are given and never, never, never give up. Gotta work though. Also, pay it forward or give back-mentor someone.

STEPH: Where can we find you on the web?

JUDE: Coming!-under reconstruction: www.judeurbanski.com and judeurbanski.blogspot.com
Facebook Twitter Linked In email:urbanski4u@aol.com

Thank you, Miss Stephanie, for doing this interview. Let me know if you need anything more and also when you'll post.
Jude

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to take so long to say how much I enjoyed this interview. I love your thought Jude. Never, never, never give up. That's exactly how I feel. We must stay determined and motivated.
    God's best to you with your book.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete