Thursday 17 February 2011

Author Spotlight Week - Melanie Atkins shares her favorite authors


I have a lot of favorite authors, but if I must pick one that I admire above the others, it has to be Lisa Gardner. She really knows her craft. Her first book, the Perfect Husband, made me realize I wanted to write edgy, romantic thrillers, and I’m still hooked many books later. Her FBI series has me mesmerized. I also enjoy reading John Sandford, Linda Howard, Linda Castillo, Karen Rose, S.J. Rozan, Sandra Brown, Tami Hoag, Linda Fairstein, and Kate Brady--all of whom write either mystery or dark, kickin’ suspense.
I love authors who keep me on the edge of my seat and make me fall in love with their characters. Great dialogue, a plot that flows, and in intriguing premise… all parts of a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment