Wednesday 9 February 2011

Author Spotlight Week - Michelle Levigne shares her favorite 80's TV show


You honestly expect me to remember back that far?

Ugh!

Let's see, M*A*S*H went off the air when I was in college, and that was '83, so .... There were so many I liked, but they would die after one season -- I sometimes felt like a jinx, you know? If I loved a show, it was bound to die!

I'm going to have to say Stingray, just because it's one show that when it came out on DVD, I actually bought it. Of course, it's been sitting on my desk, waiting to be watched for ... not going to say how long. Essentially, Ray is a man of mystery, no known background, man of many faces, who moves around helping the downtrodden and helpless in exchange for "favors" -- when he needs their special talent to help someone else, they have to repay the favor. And he's Italian, wears a black leather jacket, and drives a vintage black Stingray. How can you miss?!?!?!

I have to admit that the Stingray influence has pervaded a number of my books. I have a humorous romantic suspense series with another publisher that can be directly attributed to a Stingray fanzine story I wrote. The characters would not die, and they launched a whole story line.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember that show, Michelle. What I remember about the 80s were all the nighttime soaps -- Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, etc. They were all the rage.

    ReplyDelete