Thursday 18 February 2010

Meet Desert Breeze Author, Danielle Thorne



Greetings from beautiful (and chilly) Georgia! What a thrill it is to be joining so many talented authors at Desert Breeze. An author of historical and contemporary romance, I heard about Desert Breeze when they first opened their virtual doors, and was very excited to learn there was a new publisher targeting my sub-genre: sweet heat and adventure.

With a Yankee mum and no accent, many people are surprised when they learn I’m from the deep South. Born in Chicago, I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina, and later Nashville. My traveling feet have taken me as far West as Idaho, and I’ve even spent time in the beautiful Mid-West. I’ve hung my hat all over Dixie.

My path with this “sweet” company crossed last Fall, after starting my new Caribbean adventure. I felt sure BY HEART AND COMPASS would be a great fit with Desert Breeze. Thanks to generous voters in a work-in-progress contest at Classic Romance Revival, I was able to get some exposure for the manuscript and Chief Editor, Gail Delaney here at Desert Breeze generously offered me a contract.


You want the nitty gritty? I’m the mother of four boys and have been married to my college sweetheart for almost twenty-one years. Together we enjoy traveling the Caribbean, weekend road trips to the mountains, and supporting high school marching band competition and scouting. When I’m not writing you can find me with my nose in a book or puttering around in my little salsa garden. (Salsa is not just food at our house. It’s a way of life.) And of course, I’m never far from the keyboard when inspiration hits for another romantic adventure!

Coming this summer is my latest sea adventure, BY HEART AND COMPASS, about a diary, a lost pirate ship, and two very different personalities:

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again.

Will Lacey’s adventure cost her her heart? That to me, is always the question when I pick up a romance. What great adventure will bring two people together or tear them apart? What challenges will they face and how will the overcome? My greatest wish is that my own books will answer those questions for readers and take them on a breathless ride.

I’m looking forward to being a part of the growing authorship with this great company. Please stop by my website and give me a shout out--with blessings, you will be seeing a lot more of me here, and all around the online reading world.

Cheers!
daniellethorne

Author of THE PRIVATEER and TURTLE SOUP

www.daniellethorne.jimdo.com
www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com

Don’t Miss My Newsletter!
The Privateer Newsletter: News, Reviews, and Swashbuckling Fun:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePrivateerNewsletter/

& You can Follow Me on Twitter: @DanielleThorne

12 comments:

  1. Dani,
    It's wonderful to have you on board here with Desert Breeze!

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading your book.

    You have four boys? I raised four boys. I don't know if I should congratulate or sympathize. (Big Smile)

    Welcome to Desert Breeze.

    Barri

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! Congrats on your new contract, Dani, and welcome. I think you're going to like it here at DBP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you with us, Dani. I enjoyed talking with you last year at EPICon, and only wish we were making it this year. *pouts*

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to have you, Dani! It's great to see DBP signing talented authors. You're gonna love it here. It's like a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments and warm welcomes. I'm already a fan of many DB books, so I'm honored to be a part. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @BarryBryan....four boys---Celebrate..but sometimes it is rough. Oh, the testosterone in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new contract, Dani! Your new books sounds like a winner, and from the excerpts I read, one I REALLY want to get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Daniella--I'm newer than you, but I can still welcome you. Four boys! Yikes. Our son has three little boys, and it's a riot all the time. They're good kids--just so terribly busy! Good luck with your book from DB. I, too, was very happy to come on board. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dani!
    Wow you have a very busy life! I was in band, and I remember how time consuming that was, even back then! LOL I'm looking forward to your new tale--sounds very intriguing, and I'm like you--I want to know if the heroine is going to lose her heart but find happiness in return! LOL
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Danielle,
    I enjoyed reading about you, your guys and your salsa. Your new book sounds interesting, and I love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new contract! I enjoyed learning more about you, Dani! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete