Tuesday 8 June 2010

Featured Interview, Tina Pinson author of "In The Manor of the Ghost"


Welcome to the Desert Breeze Blog today, Tina. It's nice to have you.

STEPH: - Where did you find the inspiration for your latest release, "In The Manor of the Ghost?"

TINA: We had just taken trip to Minnesota, and I was pining for a black walnut tree to have in my own yard, and wanted to put that into the story, but most of it came from dreams and thoughts of things that were going on in my life.

Devlin, the hero of my tale, mirrors me and some of what I was dealing with in life at the time. As does my ghost. And I loved the movie the Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

STEPH: I loved that story, too! I don't know much about the book. Can you give us a feel of what to expect?

TINA: In the Manor of the Ghost has romance, mystery, suspense, a ghost, and a dark foreboding house, of course. I like to think it's a pretty good read. It is important to note that some fo the some of the houses we reside in aren't alway made of lumber or stone. They are fashioned from our fears and those fears are as thick around us as a wall might be. And some of the Ghosts we face are those fears. Real or perceived, they can haunt us.

Devlin is a lawyer, with a unique background. He was adopted by a loving, nurturing family. I find his torn spirit and need to fix him endearing. Although it does seem so, he has a quiet accepting spirit. The Manor Devlin lives in, was once a place of joy and safety. It was used as a safe house during the Indian Raids a decade earlier. After losing his wife and daughter, Clayborne Manor has become a dark, sad place with too many haunting memories. But the walls around Devlin's spirit seem to be almost as thick as the Manor's.


Kaitlin lost her husband and daughter in a fire, and went through years of Therapy for her burns. She hopes moving to Minnesota to live with her sister, Constance, will help heal her spirit.

Accepting a contract to marry Devlin, Kaitlin finds herself living in the Clayborne Manor. When she begins to uncover secrets and resurrect ghosts, she questions her choice. Does she have the strength to break down the walls that confine those who reside in the Manor? Does she have the faith to lead them to the one who sets the captive free? I find Kaitlin's resilience, gentle and loving spirit endearing.
And I must add that I think my ghost is pretty special too.

STEPH: It sounds really cool, Tina. Are you a ploter or a panster? Which technique did you use to write this book?

TINA: I am a panster. I write what comes and take day trips with my characters. I usually dream a story then write down some of the points floating through my head. But mind you, I don't alway adhere to that list, especially if a character decides to give me fits. Which is norm. Then my dream unfolds with this new aspect of the story, taking me to deeper depths, uncovering new nuances.

STEPH: - Do you cast your characters? Who do you see Kaitlin? Devlin?

TINA: I sometimes cast them, but more times than not, I just write them in away that the reader can decide for themselves the look. Besides, it's a bit aggravating to see them so clearing in your head and have to hunt down the face that fits. For this story however, Devlin was a given. He would have the brooding eyes and a bit of darkness to his face and character. Devlin resembles Adrian Paul in his Highlander days and Kaitlin is Zoey Deschanel.

STEPH: - Did you do a lot of research for the book?

TINA:I have done extensive research on other books but for this one, not mounds, as the story was more character and emotion than place driven. But I did do some research into my ghost, and the fires in Boston. Researched pirates a bit, certain ailments and the layout of Manors and some furniture. I'm of the firm belief that no matter how hard I try, someone will find a flaw in the research somewhere.

STEPH - What was the last movie you saw in the movie theatre?

TINA: Killers with Ashton K. and Katherine H. It was funny, but I'm of the mindset that there are just too many innuendos in movies that don't have to be there.

STEPH: Do you have any hobbies you'd like to share with us?

TINA: I like to sing and draw. Some of my doodles have been posted at my blog site. I like to garden, didn't say I was great at it, but I find it relaxing.

STEPH: - What was the last book you read?

TINA: Amanda Cabots, Scattered Pearls. It deals with a hard subject, but it was done well. I liked the story. It's the second in her Texas Dreams Series. The first, Paper Roses was pretty good too. Right now I'm bouncing between a couple of books when I find time, Shawna Williams, No Other and Maggie Brennan's, A Love of Her Own.

STEPH: - Where else can we find you on the Internet?

TINA: I am so well known, I'm at practically every site there is, except the dirty ones...

All kidding aside. The links below will help you track me down:


This link directs you to my website and will allow you to learn a bit more about me. By following the links Bits and Pieces and Touched By Mercy you can take a look at other books I'm working on.

http://www.tinapinson.com/blank.html

To purchase my books:

Desert Breeze Publishing-

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-92/Tina-Pinson-In-the/Detail.bok

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Manor-Ghost-ebook/dp/B003PDN7T0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1275796144&sr=1-1

My Blogsite— http://tinapinson.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to share my books and myself.

In honor of the release of In the Manor of the Ghost, I am running a contest for the entire month of June 2010. Giving away some pretty awesome gifts, if I must say so myself. Check out my blog for the particulars.

http://tinapinson.blogspot.com/


STEPH: Thanks for popping in today, Tina. It was nice having you.
Smiles

6 comments:

  1. TINA--you must have a great imagination! Your plot sounds very good and unique. Pantster? Stephen King says he knows no other way to write, and how could he? He says that life doesn't have a plot, and we all just wing it as we live. In other words, we never know what tomorrow will bring, and when writing a novel, we don't know what the next page will bring. He has a point--only to a degree, but it's interesting. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment earlier and haven't seen it come up yet. Anyway, thanks for coming by Celia. I am a panster. I try to plot and my imagination tends to shut down. I will do a little outline from my thoughts, but don't adhere to hard incase things change. Are you a pantsters or a plotter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a panster. And when I began writing, I'd never heard the term. I jurt begin with a sentence and take it from there. My characters usually come first--then I place them somewhere. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I be a combo of both. I really do need to plot things out. I usually go into panster mode in the middle of the novel and than back to plotter mode for the end.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some houses are fashioned out of our fears. I love that. This looks like a read to curl up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber,

    And the walls of fear can take so long to break through. I'm so glad you came by. I hope you enjoy the book

    Tina

    ReplyDelete