Saturday 19 June 2010

Q&A with Desert Breeze author Susanne Marie Knight


I had a chance to interview Susanne Marie Knight recently. She's a Desert Breeze Author who has a book coming out next month with Desert Breeze, "The Bloodstained Bistro," Book 1 of the Minx Tobin Series. Enjoy. Steph

STEPH: - Susanne, Can you tell us a little about yourself? I see you've been a member of EPIC since 2000.

SUSANNE: Yes, it’s hard to believe ten years can pass so quickly! As for me, I’m the author of 28 books and one anthology. My website is http:www.susanneknight.com. I’ve been blessed with a wonderful husband and a darling daughter. Originally from New York City, I’ve lived in Florida, Alabama, Montana, Okinawa, and have now put down roots in the Pacific Northwest. Quite the wanderlust in my soul, however there’s a lot to be said for settling down. :))



STEPH: - What brought you to Desert Breeze Publishing?

SUSANNE: I’d first read about Desert Breeze Publishing on the EPIC member lists, and was very excited to find a publisher who focused on sweet, sensual, and classic romance. Right up my alley! I’m honored to be one of Desert Breeze’s authors.



STEPH: - Your Minx Tobin series looks very interesting. Can you tell us a little about the series?

SUSANNE: Gladly! The Minx Tobin Mysteries feature our gal, Minx, a fitness instructor who has a knack for solving puzzles--puzzles concerning dead bodies. Her counterpart, Homicide Lieutenant Gabe Harris, wants to be her love interest. For fun, romance, and... unexpected corpses, follow Minx’s adventures in this murder mystery series.



STEPH: - Can you set the stage for "The Bloodstained Bistro?"

SUSANNE: Minx leaves her home and her unfaithful fiancĂ©, and starts a new life in Los Angeles. She’s settling in at her job as fitness instructor at the Elite Exercise Emporium. Because she has a caring nature, she’s dragged into waitress Brandi Evans’ problems--problems that soon reveal Brandi’s ex-boyfriend murdered in her car trunk. Homicide Lieutenant Gabe Harris investigates, and soon becomes intrigued by possible murder suspect Minx Tobin. But Minx isn’t looking to have a relationship. Neither is Gabe, but he finds himself attracted to this female Sherlock Holmes. For more, visit www.desertbreezepublishing.com!



STEPH: - I see you've written many different genres. Do you have a favorite?

SUSANNE: My writing covers a wide spectrum -- contemporary, mystery, ghost, paranormal, regency, time-travel, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy. And I have to say, truthfully, I love them all! Anything with an interesting hook can beckon me to write its story. :))



STEPH: - What's the last movie you saw in a movie theatre?

SUSANNE: Robin Hood--with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchard. Oh, I really enjoyed this one. I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. Russell’s Robin actually says “I love you” before Marian does!



STEPH: - Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one?

SUSANNE: I’ve got a few. Sony’s ebook reader is my newest one. I also have Ebookwise and Rocket. So I never have an excuse to say I’m without a book to read. :))

6 comments:

  1. SUSANNE--I'm happy to meet you, as I am rather new, myself. My first book with DB has a release date in September. I know several DB authors from other venues, so I feel at home. You've had quite a prolific writing career, and this series sounds intriguing. Congratulations on your upcoming release. Celia (Hi, Steph!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susanne:
    Congrats on your new release! I'm relatively new with Desert Breeze also. My first book released in April and my next will release in August, both romantic suspense.

    I read ebooks on my Blackberry and also on the Kindle app on my laptop. Your new book looks very interesting. It's on my to be read list after I finish Tina Pinson's new release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celia! Thanks so much for your congratulations. You must be excited about your September DBP release--I know I'm excited for next month... which is *almost* here. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, K. Dawn! Thanks for commenting on the blog. And congrats to you, too, for your bestselling Queen of Hearts at DBP--a very intriguing story. I'll have to try the Kindle app for computers. Usually I read on my SONY, but I'm always open to try new readers. Thanks for that info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice having you Susanne. Hope to see you here again soon.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Steph! I enjoyed your questions. Best to you, too. :))

    ReplyDelete