Tuesday 27 November 2012

Author Spotlight - Character Interview with "Caroline" from Shadowed Dreams

"Today I thought we'd talk to Miss Caroline St. James."

"Hello, is anyone out there? You who?" Shuffling of feet. The turning of a page "Oh I see you now. I had to come out of my book before I could though." Muttering, "If only someone would take me out--"

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing. So are we starting this interview? How many people will see me?"

"Yes we're starting and no, no one will really see you. You're a figment of--"

"You mean I got all dressed up for nothing?"

"Well, no… ah." Clearing of the throat. "Miss St, James--"

"Please call me Caroline."

"Alright, Caroline. How has your trip been going so far? Well, I hope."

"Well? Hmm. I wonder some days what possessed me to say yes to this venture."

"That bad?"

"It's certainly no Sunday picnic. There are bugs and dust, and snakes, and Indians, and bugs. The mosquitoes are ferocious. And there are these little prairie dogs that bark. Although, when they wave they're kind of cute. But did I mention bugs?"

"Yes, I believe you did."

"Mercy, they're everywhere; in my bed, in my food, in my hair, in my clothes, even in my knickers. And there is no place for privacy on this trail. Which makes traveling horrendous. Especially when you're pregnant."

"That must be awful. I couldn't even imagine, having to travel across country in a rickety wagon without air conditioning, let alone have to do with out a bathroom.

"Yes, well, that gives you a bit an idea of what I'm having to deal with. But the worst thing… thing…"

"What is it, it must be awful?"

"It's horrible, dreadfully horrible. Matthew, hired a man, Clay Colter, to help run one of the teams, and, well, I think I like him."

"Even though he dumped you in the mud?"
"Yes, even then. He's actually kind of nice and easy on the eyes. But I can't tell him."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm still married to Anthony?"

Hope you enjoyed this little look at Caroline and her journey. The cast and crew of Shadowed Dreams are the same as for When Shadows Fall. The first in the Shadow Series. You are welcome to take a look at them @
Characters for Shadowed Dreams.

******

Tina Pinson resides in Mesa, Arizona with her husband of thirty plus years, Danny. They are blessed to have three sons, and six grandchildren with another on the way.
Tina started her writing in elementary school. Her love of writing has caused her to seek creative outlets be it writing poetry, songs, or stories. Her WWII story Trail of the Sandpiper won third place in the Genesis in 2003. In the Manor of the Ghost and Touched By Mercy and When Shadows Fall Book 1 in the Shadows Series are available through Desert Breeze Publishers.

To Catch a Shadow the next installment of the Shadow Series about the civil war and the Oregon Trail, will be available, June 2013. To Carry her Cross will be available January 2013 and Then There was Grace a Sept 9/11 type story will be available Sept. 2013 and Christmas in Shades of Gray an offbeat Dickens type tale releases December 2013.

Blurb:
Matthew has braved the war and near death with one thought in mind… Rebekah. He won her hand in marriage, and now he has a few short months to make her see how much he loves her. How much he needs her. Given the wall she's put up between them, he prays he'll have enough time.

After fleeing the war, Rebekah is determined to go west to Oregon, only to be turned down when she tries to join the train. Matthew's proposal of marriage, in name only to help her west, becomes the miracle she needs. Loving him as she does, she dreads the idea of letting him go once they reach Oregon, but how can she ask him to stay with her, to love her? How could he love her once he's found out her secret? She must guard her heart and his.

My website -- http://www.tinapinson.com/
Twitter:@Tina_Pinson
Facebook-- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=754617103

Purchase my books at:

Desert Breeze Bookstore.
When Shadows Fall
Touched By Mercy
In the Manor of the Ghost
Shadowed Dreams

Amazon:
Touched By Mercy
In the Manor of the Ghost
When Shadows Fall
Shadowed Dreams

Barnes & Noble
Touched By Mercy
In the Manor of the Ghost
When Shadows Fall
Shadowed Dreams

Christian Books Distributors
Touched By Mercy
In the Manor of the Ghost
When Shadows Fall



Tina E. Pinson--
Touched By Mercy, In the Manor of the Ghost, When Shadows Fall
Shadowed Dreams Twitter @Tina_Pinson My Website, My Blog
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD... " Jer. 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment