· No sons born into our immediate families - daughters only
· Both have cockatiels (a recent discovery). Lynette's showed up on my back patio one day, starving but mostly healthy.
· Both have adopted calico cats - and except for the age difference they even look a lot alike.
· Both live in the Central valley in California (which we didn't know when we "met" on line)
· Both enjoy writing romance, including some speculative elements (like time travel)
· Both have a moral aversion to paranormal elements in our books due to personal faith
· Both like our books steamy but not explicit and want the sex within the bounds of marriage
· Each has helped the other out in the writing journey
And now we can add - we are writing a series of books together! Sometimes people ask how that happened. Great question - and like many blessings in life it just...happened.
Lynette had the idea of a series of generational books, where the heroine in each faces the same enemy in her own way. It was pretty nebulous at first. And Tami is one of the people she runs ideas by.
The only one excited about the concepts at first! And as the structure of the books unfolded each contributed elements and had ideas for books, and so it became natural to write them together.
The whole experience has been on line! While we have met, very briefly, twice, most of our connection has been email. . (One meeting was to hand off a manuscript in the days before we emailed them, and the other was at the Pleasanton Scottish games where you were doing some research. I regret now that we didn't take a photo together! On our book tour!) So each of us has taken the lead on half the books, and we have gone back and forth in email to tweak and fill out the family stories until we have something that I think is fun, exciting, interesting - and I hope the readers will, too.
People have been asking what it is like to work together on these books. It is very motivating. When one knows the other is waiting she gets to the work a little faster, and when one is stuck on a plot point she has someone to talk to about it besides my husband.
The most amazing thing about this journey is that they think so much alike!
They didn't alternate chapters, like some people assume. Each is taking the lead on three of the series of six that we've set out. The first, Animal Instinct (AI), where Lynette led and Tami contributed humor and sizzle, is out this week. They are well along in the second, Survival Instinct (SI) where Tami led and have completed the first draft.
The first book released August 21. Here are our links - and Tami also has an ap for Android or iPhone.
View video Trailer at Video trailer: http://bit.ly/OJFLzrl
Download from: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-332/Time-After-Time-Book/Detail.bok