Friday 13 August 2010

Author Spotlight week - Excerpt from Killing Time


Mindy knew exactly what he meant. No matter how hard she squeezed her eyes together, the tears flowed, hot and stinging. Her make-up was melting away, but she didn't care. All that mattered was the moment in time where another human being understood her suffering.

Mindy had never felt so comfortable with a man, but yet so vulnerable for baring her soul. He handed her a napkin from the table and she wiped her eyes and blew her nose. When he did likewise, she wondered if he'd been crying, too.

"And, then there's Renee. That's a whole other story. Just when I find her, she's murdered. I'll find out what happened to her if it's the last thing I do." The tears came full force then as if a dam had burst.

Stone encircled her in his arms, his touch comforting. She felt his breath on her cheek.

Mindy wiped her eyes and sat up straight. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he said, reaching up to wipe a stray tear from below her eye.


"I'm sorry to be such a cry baby. I don't know what's got into me."

He placed his hands on the sides of her face. The setting was perfect. The atmosphere was romantic and the night was warm.
"You are so beautiful," he said, looking into her eyes as if he could gauge her soul.

Her heart swelled in response to his words. A shiver of delight tickled her spine.

His face moved toward hers as he asked, "Can I kiss you?"

The heavy rhythm of her heart beating in her chest took Mindy's breath away. She leaned away ever so slightly and said, "There's one thing I have to know first."

"What?"

She grinned and said, "You know my name, now what's yours?"

"Drew," he replied as his lips met hers.

***
Killing Time is avail at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Sony Ebooks, Kobo, Apple ebooks, All Romance Books, and the Desert Breeze website.

No comments:

Post a Comment