Tuesday 24 August 2010

Author Spotlight Week - Michelle Levigne shares her passion for Inspirationals


Inspirational writing allows me to be fully dimensional -- acting on all the aspects of my life, the things I believe in and am interested in. As I grow spiritually, that impacts every part of my life, how I react to problems and triumphs and tragedies. Many of my books have spiritual elements of one kind or another. In my Commonwealth Universe books, there are very evident elements of spirituality. The Tabor Heights books let me bring it all back to Earth, so to speak. I didn't realize how much I was shortchanging or crippling myself when I was writing stories that didn't have a spiritual element, or where my editors urged me beyond my comfort zone. I can remember early in my writing career, I had a book rejected by one of the "big name" SF publishers, and the rejection letter specifically mentioned how jarring it was for the characters to mention spiritual matters -- as if once we get out into space, we leave God behind? Uh uh, ain't no way, Jose! With all due respect to the Great Bird of the Galaxy, there is no way we will ever outgrow God and our need for Him.

That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment