Thursday 26 August 2010

Author Spotlight Week - Michelle Levigne shares her Favorite Author(s)

I don't have ONE favorite. There are many authors that I will buy without hesitating. And if they're dead, then I regularly revisit them. Or at least plan to revisit, because who has time to read much anymore? Lewis and Tolkein, of course. Anne McCaffrey. Lois McMaster Bujold. Nora Roberts. Mary Stewart. Max Lucado. Terry Pratchett. T.A. Barron. E. Nesbit. Edward Eager. Frances Hodgsen Burnett. Debbie Macomber. Janet Evanovich. Steve Lawhead. Kristen Billerbeck. Susan Grant. Linnea Sinclair. Camy Tang. I used to grab everything I could get my hands on of Andre Norton and Victoria Holt. And a lot of other authors that I can't list because of time/space, and the fact I'm working on this upstairs and my library is downstairs ...

Basically, I don't limit myself to one particular genre or style -- reading or writing. I have a lot of books in my library that originally sold for 95 cents, because I bought them for that little when they were new and refuse to get rid of them. Because to misquote C.S. Lewis, books worth reading as a child are worth re-reading as an adult -- they stand the test of time.

So how can you ask me to pick ONE favorite author?

No comments:

Post a Comment