Thursday 16 September 2010

Author Spotlight week - Carie Lawson shares her favorite author


This is a hard one. I love, love, love to read, and there are just so many talented writers. One of my favorite new finds is Deanne Gist. I read A Bride Most Begrudging and had to find another one of hers to read immediately. It had been a while since I'd read a historical novel, and she really pulled me into the time. She'd obviously done much research about early American history before she began writing. It was honest, the characters were believable. I love to learn something while I'm being completely entertained by a story.

In contemporary fiction, I'm blessed to be in a writer's group with Tamara Leigh. I ended up going home from a meeting with one of her books. It was so fun, lighthearted and smart. I was hooked, so now I can't pass up one of her books without reading it. She shared with us her use conflict in her books, and you bet I was taking notes that day!

There are lot of others that I love to read too. But those two have been fun finds recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment