Thursday 20 September 2012

Author Spotlight - Blurb & Cast for Dark Days of Promise



Thirty-four year old Vicki Laramie must learn to trust before she can love, but she might die trying.

While Vicki’s children grapple with the death of their father -- a man whom she’s successfully fabricated as loving, a lie her rebellious teenager recognizes -- she must find a way to support her family and find a role model for her boys. She never intends to fall for Staff Sergeant Chase, her best friend’s son, who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). She’d much rather choose a safer man to love, but her children have a voice in the decision she makes. With two deaths to deal with, a suitor after her money, a rebellious son, and Sergeant Chase’s repeated attacks, she can only hope to survive the danger she faces. If she doesn’t, her children will be left without either parent.

Here's Shaunna's pics for the cast:

Victoria (Vicki) Laramie                  - Natalie Portman
Sergeant Kelly Chase                  - Josh Duhamel
Janine Chase                  -                     Teri Garr
Farley Wilson                                    - Daniel McPherson
Phillip Laramie                                    - Asa Butterfield
Carter Laramie                                    - Aiden Langford
Krista Laramie                                    - Kylie LaDuca



Find Shaunna at:
http://shaunnagonzales.com
http;//shaunnagonzales.blogspot.com

Publisher's Buy Link: 
http:stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-345/Dark-Days-of-Promise/Detail.bok

8 comments:

  1. Interesting Cast. Your choice of Natalie Portman would make me think of a strong spunky character. Josh Duhamel is an excellent choice for a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaunna--this cover is very dramatic--beautiful, too. I like the premise of your book--rather complicated and very emotional topics to write about. I'm not sure I'd know enough to do that. Like your other novel, I know this one will do well, too...you do have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaunna, ths sounds like a great book. I've got it on my "to read" list. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaunna, I've just been catching up with your blog posts for the week and enjoyed finding out more about you and your new book. It sounds a fascinating story and I love the cover. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't recognize Josh's name but when I looked him up, I remembered how much I liked him in the Transformers movie--pretty much the only character I liked in that movie, but that's beside the point. Or maybe that was to his credit that he was the likable one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies,
    Thank you all for your comments. I must give my daughter credit for the actor suggestions. I think she got them right, especially as I see Natalie's pix with the interview. Of course the toughest part for me was explaining who Josh was without knowing his name! She nailed that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celia,
    This project was emotionally draining and fulfilling at the same time. I'm hoping that readers will enjoy the rollercoaster and find it well timed/paced. (Hopefully more than I did writing it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover and the story.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete