Monday 24 September 2012

Author Spotlight - Q&A with Kathleen Ball




STEPH: I don't know much about "Lone Star Joy." What's it about?

KATHLEEN: Lone Star Joy is a Contemporary Western Romance. It's book two of the Lasso Springs Series. Callie's Heart is Book one.

Sexy, Cowboy, Stamos Walker has a choice, either marry Joy Courtland or send her back to jail. Joy is a convicted murderer but Stamos believes she is innocent in every way.
 
STEPH: How long did it take you to write?
KATHLEEN: It took me about three months to write.

STEPH: How much research did you have to do?

KATHLEEN: You can learn a lot by reading books and researching on the internet. I'd never been around horses so I learned how to ride a horse. It was fun.

STEPH: How does the cover reflect the story within?

KATHLEEN:
I love the cover. It's another piece of art by Gwen Phifer. It embodies Joy's need and desire to be free.

STEPH: Joy is the heroine. What are her strengths? Weakness?

KATHLEEN: Joy's strengths are what she learned in prison, keep you back to the wall, your head down, be aware of your surroundings, and always be ready to fight for your life. Her weakness is that she believes that the only one you can count on is yourself.

STEPH: What does Stamos find appealing about her?

KATHLEEN: A former FBI agent, Stamos admires her resilience. He understands her tough exterior. I love when he continues to find the softness inside of her. The little things, singing to his baby, having animals flock to her.

STEPH: What is the theme of the novel?

KATHLEEN: I always believe that love can conquer all. Of course, there are obstacles to overcome but in the end, the journey is well worth it.

STEPH: As a writer, where do you draw inspiration from?

KATHLEEN: I've always been a reader. I can remember my sister calling me a bookworm. I always had a book with me. I discovered the world of romance after I had my son. I was hooked. I'd read a book a day. I love all types of romance but the Cowboys won me over. I really don't know where the inspiration comes from. While writing one book-- the idea for another just forms.

STEPH: Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one?

KATHLEEN: I have a kindle fire-- I don't leave home without it. It's full of books. A lot from Desert Breeze Authors.

STEPH: Fun question: Do you have an autumn traditions you like to share?  Pie Baking? Hayrides? Bonfires? Yankee Candle scents

KATHLEEN: First is the pumpkin coffee at Starbucks. I make pumpkin bread and we have baked apples and cider. It's funny I sit here writing, and it's hot out. I live in Texas. I lived most of my life in New York and I miss the vivid array of colors of the changing leaves. I miss the crisp cool air. But I have to say, driving out of my subdivision and seeing cattle is amazing.

FIND KATHLEEN AT:
kathleenballromance.com

buy links--
http://www.amazon.com/Lasso-Springs-Book-Two-ebook/dp/B009EJ1ZQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348326349&sr=8-1&keywords=lone+star+joy

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-346/Lasso-Springs-Book-Two-cln-/Detail.bok 

10 comments:

  1. Kathleen--I like the premise of your new book. It's unique. I don't think I've run across a romance in which the heroine has been in prison. Heroes--many times. I wish you much luck with this new release, and yes, the cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was struck by the heroine who had been in prison, too. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice interview, this books sounds really interesting, i like strong heroines, and love cowboys. all the best with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you- I was trying to find a way they would have to be around each other-

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is, it's a great book written by a great writer. Start reading and you won't be able to put it down until you reach the last page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to find out more about you and your writing, Kathleen. Best of luck with the book and the cover is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen, I loved getting a glimpse into your life. Lone Star Joy is the perfect title for this plot. You come up with the greatest titles. Also, I love how you bring Autumn to Texas. I can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate your comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely interview, Kathleen and your book is on my wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete