Tuesday 29 March 2011

Author Spotlight Week - Q&A with Carie Lawson


STEPH: I don't know much about Beyond Ever After. What's it about?

CARIE: Beyond Ever After is the story of Haven and Brody McCord, a couple who were high school sweet hearts. After being married for five years, they wonder if their marriage will make it one more day. When Haven takes a trip to Africa, Brody knows he has to go to protect her. During that trip they find the friendship that they once shared. But Brody has a secret that will change everything before they leave.

STEPH: Where did you get the inspiration for it?

CARIE:The inspiration for this book was all the might-have-beens in life. Brody and Haven just couldn’t seem to get their relationship right from the first kiss to the last. Even when they did everything wrong, God worked things out for the good when they finally put their trust in Him.

STEPH How long did it take you to write?

CARIE: It took about nine months to write and another six months to revise. When the idea for this book hit me, I couldn’t get it out of my head. I couldn’t wait get to my computer to write more. Doing the revisions was like sitting down with an old friend and hearing more of her life story than I had known before.

STEPH: Did you use a working cover? If so, share.

CARIE: I didn’t have a working cover.

STEPH: Cast the movie. Who are the leads?

CARIE: I have to tell you this is the hardest question for me. I rarely watch anything that isn’t animated. And the leads don’t resemble anyone on Phineas and Ferb☺ I had to search images and here’s what I came up with… Brody looks like Jensen Ackles. Haven looks like Charlize Theron in a pony tail. You know he’s the scruffy beard and worn out blue jeans guy and she is the girl next door.

STEPH: What song would you use to describe the mood/tone of the story?

CARIE: Garth Brooks, Unanswered Prayers

STEPH: Tell us a little about the place you live.

CARIE: We live outside Nashville, TN. To get to our house you have to pass a dairy farm and a little Methodist Church. We have a pool and lots of toys stuffed onto an acre of land. I keep telling my hubby, if we want to put anything else in the yard we have to find some property. But we love living in a neighborhood where the kids have lots of friends and everyone looks out for one another.

STEPH What's your writing space like?

CARIE: I have a little laptop desk that I use while I sit in my bed. There’s always a pot of coffee nearby and preferably some chocolate to keep the imagination flowing.

STEPH: Fun question: What country haven't you gone to yet, that you would like to visit.

CARIE: There are so many places I’d like to see. Greece and Ireland are probably the top two.

Steph, Thanks so much for having me. You came up with some fun questions. You are always wonderful to talk to!

STEPH: Thanks for being here, Carie. It's always fun to have you on the blog!

Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment