Tuesday 9 October 2012

Author Spotlight - Danielle Thorne & Autumn Spooks!


I love promoting my paranormal, Death Cheater, during the month of Halloween because it goes hand in hand with the spook-filled holiday. Ironically, the real truth is when it comes to all things ghostly, I am the biggest chicken. I believe in spirits, and yes, I've had my own paranormal experiences, but writing about them didn't become a journey until my vacation to the Native American burial mounds in Pinson, Tennessee that inspired my story. I wondered how many ancient souls wandered through the nearby forest. I wondered what it would be like if I could see those spirits, and what would I do if there was contact? Reaching back into my memories of high school to shape a new character was quite the self-introspective adventure.

Athena Gray is a strong, independent character who understands she doesn't have to fit in to like herself. She also knows that she has a gift. High school doesn't come easy though, because dealing with teen drama and her own social anxiety issues are as difficult as accepting her grandfather's death. With no parents to turn to and few friends, Athena has to dig deep when a dark angel enters her life at the worst time. And he doesn't just have information about who she is, he has demands.

Now don't be too concerned. Athena isn't left entirely to her own devices. Her older sister has her best interests in mind, and Dan Lipinsky, Athena's secret crush, seems determined to make her one of his closest friends.

Is there really such a thing as ghosts? Are there dark angels intent on making us miserable? How many of us have abilities we haven't embraced? Death Cheater is an exploration into forces from the other side and our power to choose what is right over what they would influence us to do. Meet Athena Gray and find out more!

Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com
Blogging at http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com


Bio
Danielle Thorne is the author of sweet romantic adventure books, both historical and contemporary. She has published poetry, short fiction and novels. Danielle currently writes from south of Atlanta, Georgia. She was the 2009-2010 Co-Chair for the New Voices Competition for young writers, is active with online author groups, and she moderates for The Sweetest Romance Authors. Besides freelance editing and writing full time, Danielle has four sons with her husband, Rob. Together they enjoy travel and the outdoors. Death Cheater is her first paranormal.


I would love to meet you!

Follow on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000700796495
Twitter: @DanielleThorne
Follow the Blog: http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment