Wednesday 27 October 2010

Author Spotlight Week -Toni Noel shares her favorite movie


Dr. Zhivago is my favorite movie of all time, a love story lacking the happy ending of a true romance, as is The Bridges of Madison County. For me, the strong attraction of a married man to a beautiful woman or of a lonely married woman to an intriguing man represents the challenging conflicts an author hopes to create when he/she plots. Of course the scenery in these movies helps. I'm a retired accountant, and when the stress of year-end closing became too great, I'd mentally picture myself in the sleigh with Zhivago racing across snow-covered fields to some secret rendezvous. Aware of my fascination with the story, my husband gave me a music box with a well-dressed Russian couple ice-skating that plays "Somewhere My Love," my all time favorite song.

I consider myself a hopeless romantic. Love songs play from Boom boxes in every room, violins or piano solos. And yes, I'm a firm believer in fidelity. We've been married for fifty-eight years, but fooling around makes for a memorable story, especially when it's told on the big screen. I tried to read Dr. Zhivago and couldn't get past the first page, but I loved The Bridges of Madison County. All those photographs, I suppose. My husband and I are both photographers.

2 comments:

  1. Toni- I'm enjoying the heck out of your posts this week. I adore Dr. Zhivago. I loved Omar Sharif in the role. Such a great epic- and I love the scenery as well.

    My husband is a CPA so I completely "get" the need to relax in the sleigh! LOL Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sherry,

    Nice to meet another romantic.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete