Saturday 6 November 2010

Author Introduction - Welcome Author Theresa Stillwagon to the Desert Breeze Family



STEPH: I'd like to welcome author Theresa Stillwagon to the blog. Her Desert Breeze Release is Saving Pale Moon and will be released 15 April 2011.

Theresa, welcome to Desert Breeze. Tell us a little about yourself. Where did you grow up?


THERESA: I was borned and raised in a small town in Ohio called Conneaut. I lived there most of my life until I went into the Air Force in the late '70s. The older I got the colder it seemed so my husband and I decided to buy an RV in 2006 and start traveling. Right now we're living in Savannah, Georgia. This new lifestyle is both a blessing and a curse, but I'd never change it for the world.

STEPH: Who were some of your favorite authors growing up?

THERESA: I really can't remember anyone specific. I did read a lot though.

STEPH: What genre do you write?

THERESA: I write contemporary romance,

STEPH: You have an upcoming release with Desert Breeze. Can you tell us when, the title, and let us know what it's about?

THERESA: I have a western contemporary coming out April 15, 2011 called Saving Pale Moon. Basically it's about a woman unsatisfied with her life who decides to meet her birth mother. In the process, she also meets the love of her life. He doesn't really trust her. He doesn't understand why she showed up at the ranch twenty years after finding out about her birth mother. Pale Moon is a stallion that she evidently gets to trust her. Watching her with the horse, the hero realizes he can trust her to.
I loved writing this book.

STEPH: Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one?

THERESA: No, but I want one. The only thing I've wanted for Christmas for the last two or three years is an ebook reader. Maybe this year.

STEPH: Do you have any other books that are available?

THERESA: Yes, I have three other romances out now. I write for two other epubs.

STEPH: Can you tell us a little about the state you live in?

THERESA: I live in Georgia now. I love it here even though it was a culture shock when we first moved from Ohio. After living in the north for so long, it seemed like a completely different country to me. I don't notice that difference now. I love the history of the area around here. Savannah is a beautiful city. My husband and I haven't seen many sites around yet but we plan on traveling around the state in the next year or two.

STEPH: Just for fun: pick your favorite: Monet, Picasso, or Renoir?

THERESA: It's between Monet and Renoir I'm thinking. Isn't Picasso the guy who paints weird symbolic stuff? If I'm looking at a picture of a tree, I need to see a tree.

STEPH: Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? Have you done it in the past?

THERESA: No, not this year. I did do it a few years ago. I actually enjoyed it. Nothing like putting yourself under pressure to get some work done. The book may be far from perfect but at least you can put 'the end' on it.

STEPH: Where can we find you on the web?

THERESA:

My website --
http://www.theresastillwagon.webs.com

My blog --
http://www.tstillwagon.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. From Ohio to GA. dry climate to humid right? I'm curious to know when you started writing. I'm not a big Picasso fan either. I can handle some but... Oh well.

    Great to have you at DBP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. But I didn't take it serious until the mid '90s. I feel blessed being a part of DBP.

    ReplyDelete