Thursday 18 November 2010

Author Spotlight Week - Shawna K. Williams shares her favorite Desert Breeze Authors

Fall, near Shawna's home, taken last year

Some of the well known authors I enjoy most are J.R. Tolkien, Tess Gerritsen, Nicholas Sparks, Tom Clancy, Francine Rivers, Beth Moore and Stephen Ambrose. I really hate that evidence of plagiarism, inaccuracies and exaggerations tarnished Ambrose's career. Band of Brothers is one of my absolute favorites! I know, this list is varied, but it reflects my reading interest, which is just as varied.

Something I've enjoyed so much about being published with Desert Breeze is the exposure to lesser known authors of IMMENSE talent. Because my reading interests are so varied I've sampled every genre offered by DBP and I've found that the authors here are fully capable of holding their own against the authors I mentioned above. Vijaya Schartz and Gail Delaney write fantastic science fiction. Jennifer Hartz, Esther Mitchell, and Nicole Zoltack all transported me into another world through their fantasy novels. I haven't had a lot of experience with the paranormal genre, but Stephanie Burkhart's book, the Hungarian, blew me away. I'll definitely be reading the next. DB has a great inspirational line with authors like, Michelle Sutton, Carie Lawson, Diane Craver, Michelle Levigne, K. Dawn Byrd, Regina Andrews and Deb Kinnard. I probably shouldn't list names because there have been so many great books by talented authors (Tami Dee and J. Mo) that I don't even know where to begin, and I can't list them all (Danielle Thorne and Anne Patrick)! Needless to say (Melanie Atkins) I feel honored and inspired to be published among (Tina Pinson) these many fine authors (Barri Bryan and Celia Yeary). J Here's a link so you can check them ALL out. http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-template/Authors/Page.bok

No comments:

Post a Comment